Happy New Year! I’m SO excited to start the year by introducing – Creative Cocoon – a season of art journalling workshops designed to support and release your creativity throughout January and February. I have teamed up Helen Davis, the most wonderful and inspiring visual journal guide/artist and wordsmith to bring you a series of of visual journal workshops infused with nature-inspired themes. Together we’ll nurture our creative spirits with some arty crafty exploration and plant some aspirational seeds for the year ahead.
I have been admiring Helen’s incredible handmade journals over the past twelve months, she makes each one by hand using recycled papers and then creates her amazing collages and artworks over the top. I attended a workshop she was hosting last year and just loved how she made the process of unlocking creativity so accessible and personal and have wanted to work with her ever since. For our Creative Cocoon we have worked on a series of themes inspired by the process of creating a garden and want to use these quiet months to explore this idea.
Intrigued..? Here are ALL the details.
Creative Cocoon — a season of relaxed visual journal workshops infused with nature-inspired themes.
Gathering together every other Wednesday over January and February this will be a welcoming space in which to reconnect with yourself, share with others and plant some inspirational seeds for the year ahead.
WHEN: Every other Wednesday starting 11th January 2023, then: 25th January, 8th February, 22nd February
TIME: 10:30 am till 12 noon
WHERE: My House, Leigh-on-Sea
EXCHANGE: £65 for the season or £25 per pack to secure your place, then £12 per class — please note, drop in classes must be booked 1 week in advance as places are limited. These prices include your own journal pack, refreshments and materials.
BOOKING: Secure your place email me email@example.com
- What is a visual journal? — A visual journal, also called an art or creative journal, uses images, symbols, colour and line, as well as words to explore thoughts, feelings or ideas. Your book can be your very own creative sanctuary — your place, your space.
- I like the sound of it but I’m not good at drawing — No problem! The aim of the creative or visual journal is to approach it with a beginner’s mindset. Forget making masterpieces. Think child-like wonder and adventure. Our workshops will centre on accessible techniques — no special artistic or literary skills necessary!
- What should I expect in a Creative Cocoon workshop? — The overall aim is to gather together in a welcoming space for a bit of post-festive you-time. Over the 4 weeks we’ll gather for some arty, crafty play. And, with the help of some nature-infused inspiration — including some gorgeous Lotts & Lots pressed and preserved flowers — we’ll explore how we’d like to feel over the coming year.
- Is this a vision board workshop? — No. Think mood board not vision board. Yes, we’ll do some reflecting and reimagining. But the aim of Creative Cocoon is simply to provide a relaxed space in which to explore how you’d like to feel in 2023. Although, we will provide some questions for you to explore in your own time so you can dig deeper.
- Who should attend? — Adults of all creative capabilities are welcome. The only real prerequisites are a sense of curiosity and an willingness to play!
- Do I need to bring anything? — All materials will be provided. We’ll also supply some light refreshment.
- What if I can’t attend all four dates? — We’ve tried to make Creative Cocoon as flexible and embracing as possible, and committing to attending the entire season is ideal in order for you to get maximum enjoyment and benefit. But if you’re still eager to come you can pay £25 for your journal kit then £12 per session — please book any drop-in dates at least 1 week in advance as places are limited.
We CANNOT wait to see you, it’s going to be so good! X